Duoplane is looking to hire a senior Ruby on Rails Developer to lead engineering. This role requires an experienced developer with strong project management skills who will fill a pivotal role in our fast growing eCommerce management software platform. This is a unique position with tons of room for growth and the opportunity to work in the way that you believe is best for you, the company, and your colleagues.
Does this sound like you?
- You love helping people. You are a passionate engineer with a strong desire to use your magical talents to help others.
- You get excited about building scalable and resilient systems.
- You can prioritize long term projects alongside day-to-day tasks.
- You are honest, constructive, and straightforward. Communicating both synchronously and asynchronously with your coworkers is a strength of yours.
- You love to learn and are constantly challenging yourself every day.
- You thrive in a flexible and uncertain environment, and you love the opportunity to take ownership and build something of your own.
Who is Duoplane?
Duoplane is a fast growing SaaS provider of eCommerce management solutions. We work with large and growing eCommerce merchants who use a distributed fulfillment model to ship orders from many different dropship vendors, 3PLs, warehouses, and storefronts. It’s an operational model that merchants are increasingly adopting to be more efficient and better focused on their core business.
But managing that kind of a fulfillment network is complex and painful. That’s where Duoplane comes in. We help merchants seamlessly integrate with their external fulfillment partners by routing order information, syncing inventory data, and much more. Our goal is to help eCommerce retailers work with their external fulfillment partners as if they were part of the same company.
Founded in 2013, we are bootstrapped, profitable, and growing. We are a distributed team and believe in creating a flexible and inclusive environment that allows our team members to shine and do their best work.
We love exceeding expectations and wowing our clients and partners. We strive to push the envelope on everything we do; if it “can’t be done”, then we want to do it. We are looking for someone who shares this passion and wants to come help our clients succeed.
Why work with us?
- We’re on the cutting edge of commerce. eCommerce is the way people buy things now, and there’s no turning back. With distributed fulfillment, the supply chain world is riding a revolutionary technological wave, and Duoplane is a leader.
- Flexibility, ownership, and opportunity. You will have the opportunity to lead the way on product development and scaling our technology infrastructure. You will be given the autonomy to set the path and own the outcome.
- Every day brings something new and unlimited chances to learn. If you are curious and love to learn, there are infinite opportunities to grow your mind and expand your skills.
- 100% remote. Duoplane was founded as a remote company, and we committed to building the best distributed team and culture that we can.
- Financially healthy. Duoplane has a long track record, is profitable, and is growing quickly. We have never taken any funding from outside investors, so we have the freedom to continue to grow sustainably in the way that we want.
- Employee culture is our priority. Both at work and outside of work, we want you to be happy and enjoy life. We strive to create a fun, stimulating environment where each individual can learn, grow, and be passionate about the work they are doing. We believe in work-life balance, healthy lifestyles, working reasonable hours, and flexible schedules.
Day to Day Responsibilities
On any given day you might contribute in any of these areas:
- Create or enhance product features.
- Debug a technical issue.
- Build an API connection to an ecommerce platform or warehouse management system.
- Collaborate with the team on defining the product roadmap.
- Build and maintain a reliable, scalable, and secure infrastructure.
- Implement monitoring tools.
Customer Success and Support
- Assist client success with a technical implementation.
- Answer a support request.
- Participate on a sales call with a prospective client.
These are some examples of projects you might be asked to help with right away:
- Migrate Duoplane to a new cloud provider.
- Add a new major feature.
- Build better structure around the development process.
- Write technical documentation.
- Build out a more robust API.
This position is very open ended as far as how you want to tackle priorities, and we want to ensure that you are working on projects that make you excited when you wake up each morning. Carving out your role is part of what we are looking for you to lead the way on.
Technical and Working Requirements
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience with experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Extensive experience with Ruby and Rails
- Experience with MySQL including optimization. high availability, scaling
- Experience scaling a Rails application across multiple servers and data centers
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience working with 3rd party APIs
- Proficiency with Linux server administration
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Working hours in US time zones
Bonus points if you have:
- Knowledge of ecommerce or fulfillment operations
- Experience working with ecommerce platforms such as Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento
- Experience working with templating languages such as Liquid
- Experience working with AWS or Google Cloud
- Product management and product roadmap management experience
- Experience coordinating the work of consultants or offshore developers