Duoplane, a SaaS company for managing ecommerce operations, is looking for an experienced Customer Success expert to lead our support efforts and help us make our clients as awesome as they can be.
What would my responsibilities be?
You will have overall responsibility for supporting our clients and prospects – making sure that their questions are answered, their accounts are configured properly, and they are set up for success.
You will take a hands-on approach to building for the future. Our customer base is growing, and we need to have the infrastructure and processes in place to help even more merchants with even better support.
The goal would be for you to become an expert in our product and in the needs of our clients.
Some specific responsibilities include:
- Day to day customer contact via email or scheduled calls
- Ownership of our knowledgebase, video tutorials, and other self-service support tools
- Overall responsibility for managing and improving how we support our clients
What would my typical day look like?
In this role, you will wear many hats, and you’ll sometimes shift focus between handling day-to-day support needs and building our overall support infrastructure. On any given day, you might expect to:
- Help clients via email or scheduled phone call – working with them to configure their account, troubleshoot anything that isn’t working as expected, or explain how a feature works
- Write a support article or record a screencast for our knowledgebase
- Walk a prospective customer through a demo
- Rethink how we manage inbound requests
- Look for our next customer success hire
- Help redesign part of the product to make it better for our clients
What kind of person will succeed in this role?
We are looking for a positive, self-motivated person who is passionate about helping others.
To be successful in this role:
- You have a great attitude and truly love helping people. You’re empathetic to customer needs and can see other people’s points of view. You like to teach and enjoy helping someone else feel like a hero. You have a viewpoint on how to create amazing support experiences for clients.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You communicate clearly, and know how to explain complex ideas simply. You can use screenshots and screencasts to help others understand. You communicate using unambiguous language. We use a friendly but professional tone, so grammar and spelling are important.
- You are a curious and self-driven learner. You are eager to pick up new skills and always want to improve. You’re not afraid of learning technical concepts, and you learn by doing and experimenting. You are resourceful in solving problems.
- You take ownership. You are motivated. You seek out opportunities to help without needing to be asked. You take pride in your work and believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right. You pay attention to details. You love to surprise people by exceeding expectations
- You know how to prioritize. There are a million things that we can do at any given moment, but you can figure out the overall best use of your time, other people’s time, and our resources.
- You can work independently with little direction, but you can also collaborate and work closely with other remote team members. You are honest, constructive, and straightforward, and you speak up if you see something that can be improved.
- From an experience perspective, it is important that you have spent time in a customer success or support role – ideally with experience in building and maintaining self-service support tools like a knowledgebase.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working remotely
- Experience building a knowledgebase
- Experience working with ecommerce platforms such as Shopify and BigCommerce
- Prior roles in operations, order management, or SaaS
- Having run your own business, blog, etc
Please also note that this role is currently only open to individuals in the US or Canada,
Can you tell me about Duoplane?
Duoplane is a SaaS software company for managing ecommerce operations. We work with large and growing ecommerce merchants who run their ecommerce presence on platforms such as Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento.
What makes our clients unique is that they do not manage their own inventory. Instead, they work with outside fulfillment partners such as 3PLs (warehouses) and drop ship suppliers. It’s a model that more and more merchants are adopting to be more nimble, efficient, and focused on their core business.
Managing that kind of a fulfillment network is complex and painful. That’s where Duoplane comes in. We help merchants seamlessly integrate with their external fulfillment partners by routing order information, syncing inventory data, and much more. Our goal is to help ecommerce retailers work with their external fulfillment partners as if they were part of the same company.
We are bootstrapped, profitable, and growing. We are a 100% distributed team and believe in creating a flexible and inclusive environment that allows our team members to shine and do their best work.
We love exceeding expectations and wowing our clients and partners. We strive to push the envelope on everything we do; if it “can’t be done”, then we want to do it. We are looking for someone who shares this passion and wants to come help us support our customers better.
That all sounds great, but what makes this opportunity so special?
Big impact: We are driven by customer success; this is a critical role for us. We live for making our clients and their vendors happy and successful. As a key member of a small team, everything that you do will have a large and long-lasting impact. And not just in customer success, but also in marketing, product development, and sales.
Autonomy: We are a small team trying to do a lot. There are no layers of management or corporate politics to get in your way. You will be given a high level of responsibility and ownership, so it will be up to you to set the direction and be a leader in your area.
Flexibility: While you generally will need to be available during US business hours to effectively support our clients, this role offers the flexibility to choose your specific working hours. We will also consider part-time applicants as well.
Growth and learning opportunities: This a great opportunity to take ownership of a part of a business. Over time, you will have the chance to build and lead a team.
Forefront of a growing trend: The use of distributed fulfillment in ecommerce is accelerating. As experts in this area, we have the ability to really shape how the next generation of companies communicate with each other.
How can I apply?
If this sounds like a good fit, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and either attach your resume or include a link to an online profile.
In the email, please be sure to answer the following:
- What excites you about this role?
- Highlight your experience in any of the following areas:
- Customer support / customer success
- Working remotely
- What would make this job awesome for you?
Also, please also let us know what hours are you willing to work and what time zone you are in.